District 3 Toastmasters: Where Leaders Are Made
CONGRATULATIONS newly elected 2015-2016 District 3 officers:
District Director, Jeff Morud
Program Quality Director, Jan Byrd
Club Growth Director, Enid Moore-Cranshaw
Agave Division Director, George Gafencu
Catalina Division Director, Barb Hildenbrand
Mohave Division Director, Joan McCarrell
Navajo Division Director, Neil Dube`
Picacho Division Director, DeAnn Drottz
Saguaro Division Director, Mike Nelson
Tonto division Director, Michael Heier
Verde Division Director, Teddy Schwartz
Zuni Division Director, Gloria Diaz
Many of our clubs have celebrated memorable anniversaries this year, Saguaro celebrated 80 years as one of District 3’s first clubs; Camelback, Reddy’s and Roundup celebrated 60 years; Cochise, Granada and Roadrunners celebrated 50 years.
As I visited these clubs, I noticed the spirit of friendship and community in each club. A special bond, a feeling that everyone has the same goal and working together to achieve it. They know what makes a team ‘tick’. Our demo team has this comradery and our Club Rescue Teams will be developing this same spirit as they grow.
Choose to make a difference. Nancy Starr-Cassidy chose to make a difference and because of her dedication and volunteering efforts, SRP donated $2,250 to District 3. Volunteer to serve on one of our many committees. Your reward will be seeing your club grow, helping a member reach their goal or evaluating that next winning contest speech and these are priceless. You can volunteer to take part in a demo meeting, help the club get it’s charter then become their mentor. How rewarding is that!
Remember we are going to Las Vegas in August to see District 3’s International speech winner, Michael Desiderio, compete in the semi-finals and potential World Championship round. Register online here.
Hallie Adams, DTM
2014-2015 District Governor
Ladies & Gentleman start your engines! The 2015 Summer TLI season has officially started. It’s time to rev up and shift into high gear:
- Hold your officer elections NOW & update your officer list
- Register four or more officers online at the TLI page
- Attend one of the six events listed below:
Saturday, July 25th, 5:30 PM
Embassy Suites Phoenix North,
2577 W Greenway Rd, Phoenix 85023
$40, Pre-registration is required.
Dinner choices are Honey Sesame Chicken,
NY Strip Steak, or Vegetarian Pasta.
Registration will be opening soon.
Black and White Attire is encouraged.
- Appreciation for outgoing District 3 officers
- Installation of incoming District 3 Officers
- Roast of Outgoing District Governor Hallie Adams!
Click here for event flyer or click here to regsiter.
Be one of the first Area Directors in Toastmasters
- Are you interested in applying for an Area Director appointment?
- The person who is elected as the District Director during the May Business Meeting will appoint Area Directors to start their term on July 1, 2015.
- Complete the Area Director Nomination Form (fillable PDF or DOC) and hand it to or send it to current District Governor Hallie Adams at .
- Click here to see the 2015-2016 club area assignments.
- Training for this role will be held from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday, June 27th at the Golf Academy of America, located at 2031 N Arizona Ave, Suite 2, in Chandler AZ 85225.
Beat the Clock Membership Drive is coming, May 1 through June 30, 2015.
Incentives for your club and for you! For details and downloadable flyer to share with your club members, click here.
Why mentor? “We all carry the seeds of greatness within us, but we need an image as a point of focus in order that they may sprout.” ~ Epictetus
New members need someone to explain the program to them and show them how to prepare for various meeting roles. They also need help preparing and rehearsing their first few speeches. Mentors can supply the valuable personal attention and ongoing support new members need. Visit http://www.toastmasters.org/mentoramember.
For additional information on mentoring please contact .
- Vertical Toasters Club #4659899, chartered April 27, 2015
- 3200 Toastmasters Club #4679632, chartered April 27, 2015
- DMB Speaks Club #4502727, chartered April 22, 2015
- Insightful Club #4508062, chartered February 25, 2015
- Speaking With Insight Club #4508249, chartered February 25, 2015
- See all of District 3's new clubs
Greetings, fellow D3 Website visitors!
You are welcome to click through the links on this website to see all the resources available to you, whether you are still considering becoming a Toastmaster, already a Toastmaster, a leader in your club, or a leader in the District. As you explore, your comments on the site are always welcome at .
If you don’t have time to spend just surfing around, you may want the abbreviated version so you know which section will be most likely to have what you are looking for:
||Includes D3 maps that may be of interest to current Toastmasters
||P.O.T.s (Plain Ol’ Toastmasters)
||Includes how to get involved outside your club, find out the next step in the educational program
||Includes information on club contests
||All D3 Toastmasters
||List view or calendar view of upcoming events (club officers and District leaders may add your events), District Conference information & link to online registration, contest winner matrix, highlights from International Convention
||All D3 Toastmasters
||Acknowledges Toastmasters and clubs in District 3
|District Leader Resources
||Area Governors, Division Governors, Committee Chairs, Toastmasters looking for a committee to serve
||Includes contest resources and links, DEC information and materials
||Looking for something specific? Find it here.
If you still have questions about the structure and content of the District 3 website or would like to suggest or request a resource, please contact me anytime!
District 3 Webmaster